The action that started it all, the Rebel has countless options. There is truly a configuration for every custom rifle application. It has it all, precision, quality, reliability, and class. Choose the perfect action for your next match, hunting trip, or family heirloom.
The Defiance Rebel is a very versatile custom bolt action. The Rebel can be used in long-range hunting as well as competition shooting. All options can be configured in endless ways. The Defiance actions have a unique manufacturing process ensuring precise, accurate custom bolt actions every time, and is designed to your custom specifications.
- Receiver made of pre-hardened aircraft-certified 416 stainless steel (4340 chrome moly receiver available)
- One-piece bolt made of pre-hardened aircraft-certified 4340 chrome moly
- Receiver barrel threads are 1.0625” X 16 T.P.I. (Rem. 700 thread dia. and pitch)
- Available with or without custom pinned scope mounts, attached with 8-40 screws (see “Pricing”)
- Receiver barrel threads available in Standard – 1.150” (Rem. 700 length) or Extended – 1.403”
- Optional Mil Spec 1913 (Picatinny) scope mount. Available in 0, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60 MOA. Custom made from 303 stainless steel, 4340 CM or 7075 aluminum. (add $100)
- Optional Davidson-style (Kelbly-style) scope mount. Available in 0 or 20 MOA. Custom made from 303 stainless steel, 4340 CM or 7075 aluminum. (add $100)
- Scope mounts attached with 8-40 screws and 1/8” hardened dowel pins
- Double pinned precision recoil lug (.250” or .300” thick)
- Integral recoil lug optional (add $50)
- Works with hinged floorplates, detachable magazines, or single shots
- Medium length (Rem. SA) offered with AW magazine cut
- Available in right- and left-hand (short actions are only available in right hand)
- Actions available in Medium, XM, Long, and XL lengths to accommodate most popular factory chamberings and extended length hand loads
- Available with a fully round rear bridge for use with our custom scope rails or Talley mounts. Also available with a Rem. 700-style rear bridge.
- Rebels weigh 24-43 oz. depending on length and options
- Close tolerance preserved: All material pre-hardened prior to machining to prevent changing tolerances during heat treat.
- Receiver machined from one piece of pre-hardened 416SS.
- Wire EDM-cut, full-length lug ways result in smooth bolt operation.
- Bolt machined from one piece of pre-hardened 4340 chrome moly, and threaded for interchangeable knobs.
- Primary extraction design significantly increases initial extraction and ensures smooth bolt cycling.
- Bolt face diameters available for all standard and wildcat cartridges.
- Extractors are M-16 type.
- Designed for hinged floor plates, as well as detachable magazines and single shots.
- Control-round feed available.
- Multiple magazine well cuts available for all of today’s popular magazine types including hinged floorplates, detachable boxes or single shot.
- Our sales team will assist you in choosing from among our 20+ options.
- Right- and left-hand configurations available.